14 January 2013

The imagination of our children. Priceless.
Their dreams. Our hopes for the future.
Little boys have their dreams.
And little girls hold on to theirs.
I love this poem, although it speaks of two
that are not brother and sister,
as Noah and Elle are in their caped costumes.
I hope you like the following, as I have.
*  *  *  *  *
A Child's Dream

I loved to look upon him,
The Hunter near the Way.
So strong his arm and long his bow
And so bashful of the Day.
His courage never failed him
For he held his mace so high
And glared at the Bull in the River
And ruled the whole breadth of the sky.
As a girl, young and silly,
I oft dreamed of being the Maid.
And meeting, one nighttime afternoon,
The Hunter, in a starry glade.
And we would love 'pon sight
And marry in a cloud of joy.
What strange and daring dreams
A little girl may employ.

~ Sophia White

No comments: